Temporary Mexico Resident Visa
For instance, if you are a U.S. Citizen and want to live in Mexico for more than 180 days and less than four years. You can apply for this visa. Firstly, the Mexico visa process must start in a Mexican Consulate in the U.S. Secondly, the Mexican Consulate issues a temporary visa for six months, like the sample above. Thirdly, and most importantly, you must exchange this visa for a T.R. Mexico Card within thirty days after the visa is validated and stamped at the Mexico border or airport.
If you are not a U.S. Citizen, you can apply for this visa in the closest Mexican Consulate or Embassy in your home country.
Temporary Mexico visa through retirement or employment income:
You can apply for this visa if you are a retiree, pensioner, or employee by a U.S. Company. The requirement monthly net income is $2,730.00, with six consecutive banks statements back from the day you apply.
You can also apply through your investments or savings, averaging $45,492.00, per month, for twelve consecutive months before applying.
Another way of qualifying:
If you marry a Mexican national or Temporary or Permanent Resident cardholder, you can apply for a temporary visa valid for 1 or 2 years.
Through employment by a Mexican corporation or small business
By owning Mexico Real Estate Property
MEXICO VISA REQUIREMENTS:
PASSPORT VALID FOR MORE THAN SIX MONTHS
PROOF OF INCOME
- How much is the Temporary Mexico Resident Visa? $ 48.00, U.S.
- Where do I apply for Temporary Mexico Visa? In the Mexican Consulates or Embassies of your country of origin.
- How long is the estimated time of approval for Temporary Mexico Resident Visa in the Mexican Consulate? 1 to 10 business days
- How long is the duration of the Temporary Mexico Resident Visa? Six months to exchange it for a Temporary Mexico Resident Card
- How long is the Temporary Mexico Resident Card? 1 year after the year is up, you have the option to renew it for 1, 2, or 3 years.
- How much is the Temporary Mexico Resident Card? About $250.00, U.S. for one year
- What is the difference between T.R. Mexico Visa and T.R. Mexico Card? It is the same but involves two steps to acquire Temporary Resident Status.